Why is my phone overheating and registering phantom touches?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Since the past 3 months, my phone randomly acts weird and registered multiple phantom touches on the screen.
It started with the insane heat in Delhi causing all my devices to heat up, but I switched off my phone when I was out. It still registered phantom touches. So I ignored it, and it went away.

Recently it started again, and this time in cool air conditioned environments. I don't understand what to do about it. The back gets heated up to insane levels and this starts.

I can't even use my phone, it randomly opens apps, starts typing nonsense and in some situations doesn't even let me open my phone. (When I open the lock screen, it enters random passwords and it locks me out.)

Also, because you have double tap to unlock feature in Lumia920, it randomly opens the screen. Its draining my battery and I don't even use my phone.

Please help.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well I would say go for a hard reset in THIS case. Turn off the phone - Leave for 10 seconds - Turn on again, but as soon as you feel it vibrating, press and hold the volume up button until you see an exclamation mark - Then press vol up, vol down, power button and vol down again (just simply press 1-2 seconds) - The phone should reboot, but you will lose your data on the phone.. (or just go to settings > about > reset)

If this doesn't help then we should consider hardware being the problem. The motherboard might have to changed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3