Can I get some help with a screen res problem?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

on my old pc wich i don't have anymore i could set to 1920x1080 res on 1280x1024
when i would do this if i moved my mouse to left side of the screen, it would go to another side.i've tried this on my current pc and it doesn't work.help?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It may have been Manufacturer's Firmware from the PC or Monitor on your old rig.

For best help we would need some additional details. Could you sign up for the site and reply in this thread?

What was the make/model of your old rig? What OS and version?

What is the make/model of your new rig? What OS and version?

lbosnjak

May 29, 2015
Visit site
oh the monitor hasn't changed it's an asus mm17d
you could think its 1280x1024,it is but when i set the res to 1920x1080 everything would seem like before, but it almost looked like you're scrolling to the left side but you arent actually, just move your mouse to the left ,and another part of the screen background would show

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That really sounds like some sort of firmware thing. It may have been part of the graphics drivers and management package on the old PC whether you had a 3rd party graphics card or an onboard GPU.

Did you try the item I linked? It looks like the multiple desktop setup on Ubuntu.. A bit tame for eye candy, but nice for productivity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3