Exporting data OUT of Excel 2010?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi everyone,

Please bear with me as I can't seem to find an answer to this... My scenario is as follows:

1. I have a worksheet set up in Excel 2010 with different columns like names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. Let's say I have Column A, Column B, Column C, Column D, Column E, and Column F.
2. What I want to do is run a query (?) that, for example, takes ONLY the data from Column A, Column D, and Column F. Then it dumps that data and that data only into a new (blank) Excel sheet for to view, print, etc that is independent from the original worksheet.

How does one do this?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
OH MY LAWD!!! First excel related question I've seen lol.. Eh would you like to dump the result in a new sheet of the same excel file or a totally new one?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't fully understand what you are asking. Do you want all of Column A, D, & F in a new worksheet? In that case, you don't need to manipulate the data, you just copy and paste the columns.

If you are looking to extract data from the spreadsheet based on specific criteria, there are other options, such as VLOOKUP. But more information would be needed. Consider joining our community and provide us with more information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea