Windows 10 Upgrade: Will incompatible 'Bluetooth Devices' affect my mouse/keyboard?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I know, another question about Windows 10!

I have several devices that, according to the 'Get Windows 10' app, will not work or might not work after upgrading, all under 'Qualcomm Atheros Communications'.

They all refer to Bluetooth, and I am using a wireless Mouse/Keyboard combo, HID, that I fear may not work after upgrading to Windows 10. They work fine on 8.1. I'm running a Samsung all-in-one desktop that was released 2-3 years ago. I checked the Samsung software that came with the PC, and apparently my Bluetooth drivers are up to date.

So, multiple questions really;
- Has anyone had issue with HID Mice/Keyboards on W10?
- Has anyone had the same flagged issues as me?
- Are my keyboard and mouse even anything to do with this?

Thanks for any help, peace of mind would be great! I've included the list of flagged devices below;

Devices that aren't fully compatible:
- Bluetooth Audio Device

Devices that may not work correctly afterwards:
- Bluetooth Hard Copy Cable Replacement Server
- Bluetooth AVRCP Device
- Bluetooth HID Device
- Virtual Bluetooth Support
- Bluetooth LWFLT Device

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same fear with my Acer. It's got similar messages about it. I found a newer driver than what Acer has on their site(8.0.1.314 compared to 8.0.1.308) and installed it, but it made zero difference.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It will get progressively better as 10 approaches. Microsoft and peripheral OEMs are sure working on these basic issues.

Is there a guarantee of success for your exact configuration? No, no guarantee. However, failure isn't guaranteed either. And any specific device failures will most likely get addressed quickly.

Whit Taylor

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Got the same device error messages in re my Intel bluetooth and Nvidia 960 card. These are both new within the month. Microsoft shouldn't be inviting people to 10 yet, if device checks reveal currently incompatible hardware. It will spook the civilians.

Lorraine Clarke

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
All the same Qualcomm Atheros issues here, on a Win 8.1 Acer. Only difference is that I get no HID warning about my wireless Logitech keyboard/mouse, but I have a couple more

My big concern is that my cell phone connects to my computer via Bluetooth, and unless I'm on the go, I receive and send 99% of my texts from my computer (15" screen and full-size keyboard are addictive). I also use my computer to send/receive emails from my cell, access and copy files back and forth, do anything with the phone calendar, and use my contact list. Plus I answer calls on PC wearing my Bluetooth earpiece, which is listed as "experiencing problems with."

So at this point, until the Qualcomm Bluetooth issues are to fixed work from Win10, I will be downloading the 10 Upgrade but not installing it. What a shame, with the lovely touches that have been added, especially th:crying:e sorely-missed Start Menu. I'll just hobble along with the Classic Shell Start Menu I use with 8.1. I don't think risking or losing my Bluetooth functionality is worth it. That's a deal-breaker! :shocked:

fred42

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I have just downloaded windows 10, and it appears that both of my quite new headphones are AVRCP which have been working fine on windows 8 are now incompatible with the new windows 10 !!!!, do you intend to update 10 or are you telling me that I have now got to dump my expensive head phones and purchase new ones!!!!!, if so why did you not inform me prior to the new windows 10!!

very frustrated
Kind regards
Mr P Hooper

Rickerz

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I got the same issue with my Logitech Bluetooth, can not be seen by my laptop Bluetooth, in fact won't see any device period.. I must admit , I got the same issue when I got my new laptop with windows 8.1, mysteriously Lenovo customer service fixed the problem without telling me if it was a hardware issue or a driver one.

Hel Ran

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I have some similar (but different) problem. After upgrade win8 to 10, my computer recognise my phone by bluetooth, they match together but I can't send anymore files from my phone to my computer but I can do from computer to phone.
It looks like that when I send a file to my computer, it don't see it so I can't accept it. When I open the "receving a file from bluetooth" settings (yep I have windows in french so I translate from it), it deosn't see any files coming or any attempt to receive a file.
Someone knows what is the problem and where it come from ?
Thanks.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have just downloaded windows 10, and it appears that both of my quite new headphones are AVRCP which have been working fine on windows 8 are now incompatible with the new windows 10 !!!!, do you intend to update 10 or are you telling me that I have now got to dump my expensive head phones and purchase new ones!!!!!, if so why did you not inform me prior to the new windows 10!!

Just to be clear... This forum is not run in any way by Microsoft. We are a fan based news and discussion site.

We are happy to help with solutions when we do have them.

Have you tried your device OEM site for updated drivers? Have you tried applying "Compatibility Mode" to your unresponsive device?

Hel Ran

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes I know :)

I have found the solution. The microsoft MTP (Media Feature Pack) drivers was not present so my computer couldn't recognise my phone.
They are avalaible here for win 10 (official microsoft webpage : https:// www . microsoft.com /en-us/download/details . aspx?id=48231). Since then, my computer recognise my phone and also when I send files by bluetooth.

I don't know if it helps here. Because, I thought it was a bluetooth problem but actually not.

Liamesque

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Since I installed Windows 10 yesterday (upgrade from 8.1) my Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (yes, yes, Microsoft!) is no longer detected.
I'm trying everything I can to get it working on my Samsung laptop but to no avail...
Microsoft don'te even offer a single driver download for this mouse so I really don't know what to do...
Rollback to 8.1 or stay with the touchpad and a dead mouse until I figure this thing out?!

Liamesque

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Actually, this just worked for me:
I removed the mouse from Settings > Devices > Bluetooth > Manage Bluetooth Devices
I uninstalled the Generic Microsoft Bluetooth device from Device Manager > Bluetooth
I clicked "Scan for hardware changes" and Windows automatically identified the bluetooth adapter and installed Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 (in my case anyway)
I pressed pairing button on mouse
And when I went back to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth> Manage bluetooth devices, I found my mouse listed "ready to pair" :)
I paired and I'm back in business! :smile:

Peter Ripley

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Other procedures may work, but the resolution provided by Hel Ran worked for me. Go to https:// www .microsoft.com /en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231 and install the package you will download from there. Restart your computer.

My Bluetooth earsets sound as good as they did before the Windows 10 upgrade. Yes!

Thanks to Hel Ran!

sleepingsunrise

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. But I just bought some new bluetooth headphones and they are working great with the new upgrade. But my phone is not able to send files through bluetooth OR WiFi. It shows that they are paired up and that was not problem, but there is no transfer taking place. It is quite annoying.

Udai Patel

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
well i figured it out how to update generic microsoft bluetooth drivers.. follow the simple steps and u are gud to bluetooth :p

1) open device manager
2) expand bluetooth tab and right click generic bluetooth driver and select properties
3) go to drivers tab and select update drivers
4) now search via internet and u are done :p

Marci920

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Not being able to use my bluetooth mouse was driving me nuts. Your solution is the only one I've been able to find - and it worked perfectly! Thank you for posting it!

rkjnu123

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
you still have the option of getting back to your previous version of windows. Windows 10 offers the option of getting back to windows 8 or windows within 1 month of your windows 10 installation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05