Any numbers for usual battery drain of a Lumia 930?

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello!

I try to get more infos about what percentages of battery drain people usually have when they use their Lumia 930.
It surely has some weaknesses in terms of battery life during a day if used for simple things like reading with white backgrounds or for gaming stressing the CPU but I never saw any numbers what these devices actually used up of their battery.

With more reading and some gaming and some idle hours on free days I get just 7 hours out of my battery. I am not sure if that is to be expected?

Also, does any know of a good working app to measure actual battery drain and logging it for reviewing? I use Battery Status by Thomasz Whisniewski at the moment but I am not quite sure how reliable it keeps track of the battery life.

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
After 12 hours of mostly idle time, just one hour of active reading in the MSN news app, and I am sitting at 70% battery. So, on average it consumed 2,5% per hour. Without the active time where I used up 10% battery that would be 1,67% power hour. Is this normal for devices like Lumia 930?

In power saver I see no app that was active in the background all have less than 1% per hour battery drain.

Last edited:

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Interestingly this seems to be related to my used cover and maybe to the bad signal in that area.

At home and without a cover my L930 just used up 0.75 or 0.80 % per hour and after 20 hours I had 50% battery left. (with some active use now and then)

That was due to a long idle time whereas active use drains the battery as usually for a L930, as it seems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos