Replace my broken 630?

23kid

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Dropped my 630 last night and badly cracked the screen. Was planning to wait for the flagships but now it comes to it; I'm tempted to replace early.

My requirements are;
  • Expandable memory
  • Screen no bigger than 5"
  • Half-decent camera (the 630 is poor)
  • QI charging would be a bonus
  • Not ridiculously expensive - this may be the killer for the flagship issue
My decision has come down to three choices;
  • Second hand 630/635 temporarily and wait for the flagship (can I even afford one?)
  • Cope with the lack of QI and a worthy camera and get the 640
What would you do?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
- I am used to QI charging and I don't want a phone anymore without it.
- What about the 735 it has QI (with additional back cover).
- A flagship will be at least >> 500-600 US dollar and the flagship is still not out so we don't know the spec (SD card for example)

If you have the money for a flagship go for a second hand phone to bridge the time.
If you do not have the money for a flagship I would go for the 830 otherwise to the 735 (cheaper and has QI) and in the last place the 640.

23kid

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
830 and 735 are the same price when comparing various websites/deals so getting the 830 would be a no brainer when comparing the two, especially with the difference in camera quality.

I really can't see the flagships not having expandable memory - that would make them basically useless. But I guess we will have to wait for that. I think they may be well out of my price range though, so that's a good point.

After more research the 830 may be the best option (for the same price as the 735)

23kid

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I think the one I found is a one-off deal. It's in Orange which seems unpopular so maybe selling off stock.

I have also found a replacement screen for a very good price (much less than I expected) so may go for that after all. Although now I'm looking at the 830 I'm very tempted just to upgrade...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Difficult decision but more good deals will come and if you go for the orange then you always can get a different back cover if you do not like the color.
Or do both then the 630 can be your backup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi