Does your Nokia Lumia 1520 still experience Ghost/Phantom Taps?

W

WPCentral Question

Hey! I really love everything about the 1520, but hearing about how bad people are experiencing this Ghost/Phantom tap issues is discouraging me from purchasing it.

I keep hearing mixed responses about it being hardware issues, or it being issues with software. So what I'm wondering is who is still experiencing these issues? Did you ever have the issue, and then it went away after updating your software?

Thank you in advance for feedback :)

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have never had the ghost tap issue on my wonderful 1520 :p

The ghost tap issue is caused by the phone flexing and mis-aligning the digitzer, if you buy a 1520, just remember its a big phone and also pretty thin, not even apple has been able to make such a form factor as sturdy as a 5" phone (note bendgate) but generally, if you don't put it in your back pocket, and keep it out of your pockets when doing a lot of heavy lifting (and generally don't wear skinny jeans) it will be fine, I'd encourage buying a light weight (not gel) case to give it a slight bit more sturdiness, but if you are just slightly more careful with it then an average phone, I don't think you'll run into the ghost tap issue much if at all.

also, I have used one of my friends 1520 that has the ghost tap issue, and honestly, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, its a minor inconvience but it doesn't always do it, even if mine did do it, I'd probably still love it and recommend it to others.

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions ask away!

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Some people don't have it

Some people mildly have it

And then there are the people who have it BAD. Taps, Clicks, Scrolls, Freezing everywhere, making the phone not even usabel...

The Ghost Taps vary in frequency

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Just like real live....size doesn't matter. I had it more often on my 520 then on my current 1320, on the last phone i had it only once or twice and i own that phone almost a year and a half. It can be annoying but it's bearable. No reason to avoid the lumia phones, there is more to gain then to lose ;)

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
My 535 has more touch issue than 1520 'cos it's so pocketable that I keep it in jeans pocket. Whereas, there's no way to put 1520 in if I need to walk.

920 is perfect if you like to keep phone in tight jeans pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DestructoDisk