Windows 8.1 drains my battery exactly four times faster than Win 8.0. on a Nokia 520 Why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have bought a new battery, exactly the same results. I am going back to a good old Nokia mobile phone and getting a small tablet, probably Apple.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The question, which reads "Windows 8.1 drains my battery exactly four times faster than Win 8.0. on a Nokia 520 Why?" may need some clarification:

Are you comparing Windows Phone 8.1 against Windows Phone 8.0 using the same device (Lumia 520)?

Aside from the new OS version, what else is different from the Windows Phone 8.0 and the Windows Phone 8.1 you're referring to? Particulars include: apps installed, signal quality, duration of use, phone settings, charger type and input, etc.

You would need a Windows Central account to respond to this thread. A four-fold increase in battery drain is suspiciously huge, too large to be immediately blamed on the difference in OS versions. Everything else has to be maintained constant (the particulars mentioned above) in comparing the two OS versions before we can conclude that it is indeed the OS version at fault.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes