Why can't I turn on the wifi, Windows 10 Preview on Mobile, Lumia 1520?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Can't turn on WIFI, Windows 10 Preview on Mobile, Lumia 1520

I have just installed Windows 10 preview on my Lumia 1520. I can't even turn on the WIFI. Without it, I am unable to download any new update. As you already know, there is no way I can download updates via data. Please help me solve this problem.

App version: 1.2.227.1.
OS version: 10.0.12648.133.

I've already use recovery tool to reinstall previous windows version (WP8), but it's been reading phone information for hours now. And I dont even know what to do anymore.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't turn on WIFI, Windows 10 Preview on Mobile, Lumia 1520

Welcome to the world of installing a preview on your phone. (without first testing if the WPRT works).
You can try to uninstall and reinstall the WPRT or try the LSRT or try different USB cables or different USB ports or different computers. So do not give up and keep trying.

Good Luck

pulenaja

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't turn on WIFI, Windows 10 Preview on Mobile, Lumia 1520

Problem solved!! I got exactly the same issue as you on my Lumia 1520. To fix it you just have to HARD RESET the phone. After that magically it will connect normaly and reinstall all apps automatically from the cloud. Check out in Youtube the keys secuence for hard reset (very easy). Hope it works for you two mate

goggles55

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Figured it out, I went my device managers and turned off my wifi device, it was like network devices, restarted my computer, turned it back on and boom! It worked! Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariaabsom