Why did my carrier change from Boost Mobile to Sprint Lumia 636 OSv 10.0.10149.0?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why did my carrier change from Boost Mobile to Sprint Lumia 636 OSv 10.0.10149.0

Ok, this is a hard one. Iv'e called Boost CS and Nokia CS and they both don't know what to do, so I'm hoping to find an answer here.

For about 2 weeks straight, my phone was really laggy and wouldn't give me my notifications on time. I figured that lack of storage space might of been the problem and I was right. I deleted as many apps as I could but that only freed about 130mb. Seeing that I couldn't do much else, I decided to hard reset the phone.

After the hard reset, the phone was setting up. Then a message screen came up saying that The phone had a problem connecting to my cellular network with an error code of "0x80070002". I proceeded with the set up until I got to the home screen.

It was when I dragged down the notification center that I realized that the phone was using Sprint as a carrier instead of Boost. At first I thought it wouldn't be serious and everything would work as it should. I decided to try and call, text and use data.

Call and Text worked, but data did not.

Is there a way to change the carrier back to Boost? I bought the phone from a Boost retailer, and I've paid Boost for the service since day 1.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why did my carrier change from Boost Mobile to Sprint Lumia 636 OSv 10.0.10149.0

It is worth noting that if you reside in the united states that boost mobile runs off of sprint's towers hence why your phone mentions sprint instead of boost mobile. If you need everything to work accordingly then I highly suggest rumorednow's take on rolling back to the original operating system your phone came with.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why did my carrier change from Boost Mobile to Sprint Lumia 636 OSv 10.0.10149.0

Well boost is sprint so that's not too shocking it says sprint. Is it possible there is an outage? My mom had boost and they are awful. She didn't have service for like four days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos