Why should i switch from android to win phones

Powerasp

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I am new to this forum and i am a android user. I am thinking of buying a new mobile and as the win10 is coming i am confused that whether i should go for win or andro. Guys please tell me the facts for which i should switch to win

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I am new to this forum and i am a android user. I am thinking of buying a new mobile and as the win10 is coming i am confused that whether i should go for win or andro. Guys please tell me the facts for which i should switch to win

I switched from Android to WP7 back in...what, late 2010? Early 2011. Never regretted it.

However, right now, the WP line is basically coming to a bit of an end, and the transition to Windows 10 Mobile (W10M) is underway. If you're picking something up right now, stick with what you know and depending on Windows version you compare it to, the more polished, complete, and not about to be abandoned system.

2?

Edit: if you can wait until the end of the year, Windows with release software and new hardware could be a different answer.

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
For now, choosing by your needs. What do you need exactly? A phone for gaming or a phone to keep up to date? A phone for lifestyle only or the phone for work around?

Android phone have many possibilities to do something like gaming and lifestyle, also updating your status on social media. It have million apps to use. So you can choose whatever you want to use. Android allow you to customize your phone because the root feature on Android system. It can share some apps by sharing apk files. Its open source after all.

Meanwhile in Windows Phone, you can do all that stuff but only with a fewer apps. But the windows ecosystem let you using the cloud service that very amazing to me. Yes Google can do it also, but because Android OS only available in phone right now, so it less important if you compare it with one drive and Office 365 that can run in any OS and any PC. It just like PC in your pocket. Well, WP for me is match with working and students people who need some phone "To Do" something, or produce something. Like the ad, "For People Who Do".

So, for me Android is for someone who need to playing around (thats why they called it Google Play). And WP is for someone to do more than just play. With the coming of Windows 10 mobile, I wish the app gap issue will be no more.

I let you decide about which better UI and UX on each platform. Its relevant for everyone I guess. Android have widgets and WP have live tiles. I hate arguing about which better.

So, if you have any question just ask here.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd suggest staying with your current device for now if that is possible. I'd recommend waiting until new devices already running Windows 10 Mobile are released, and then checking those out and switching at that point if you like the new devices and the new Windows 10 Mobile OS.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
If you want a high end WP... i think would be wise to wait a little longer until W10 Mobile gets officially released with their respective flagship phones: Lumia 940 and 940XL.

If you don't want to spend too much money then look for any Lumia with 1GB of RAM or more since all WP8 devices will updated to W10, but devices with 512MB RAM can only get a limited set of features. A good choice could be the 640 or 640XL, also the 730 looks good.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

First, if high end specs and being able to use all Windows 10 features are important to you... wait for new hardware around the time of release of W10 Mobile.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile in Windows Phone, you can do all that stuff but only with a fewer apps. But the windows ecosystem let you using the cloud service that very amazing to me. Yes Google can do it also, but because Android OS only available in phone right now, so it less important if you compare it with one drive and Office 365 that can run in any OS and any PC. It just like PC in your pocket. Well, WP for me is match with working and students people who need some phone "To Do" something, or produce something. Like the ad, "For People Who Do".

So, for me Android is for someone who need to playing around (thats why they called it Google Play). And WP is for someone to do more than just play. With the coming of Windows 10 mobile, I wish the app gap issue will be no more
That is incorrect. OneDrive and Office365 are available on Android and actually are more functional on Android than on Windows Phone at the present time.

Will the Office and OneDrive apps for Windows 10 Mobile improve? All signs point that they will. However, it is best to buy a smartphone for what it can do now, not what is "coming soon".

The new Windows 10 Mobile devices that will be released running Windows 10 Mobile will be better. We also have no idea when current Windows Phone 8.1 devices will be upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile. That is dependent on the carriers, if and when they provide the updates.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
you can pick up a refurb BLU Win HD on eBay for around $90. they aren't bad and at least have 1 GB of RAM. the screen is quite good, the only cons are the camera is iffy and it has a Snapdragon 200. but it's completely usable and BLU has been great with timely updates.

spend a little more (around $165) and you can get a new BLU Win HD LTE which has LTE (duh :) ), a better camera and processor. this one should work well with Windows 10.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

The devices run fast despite low price. And high end devices isn't going to slow down later.

Performance wise WP devices doesn't have a really big gap between high and low. High end devices usually got better camera, screen, NFC, hey cortana, Qi wireless ect while all devices get same access to the apps,cortana,software updates, ect

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes i have seen that mostly the processors, ram, gpu and chipsets are quite the same in new microsoft devices

That's not exactly the case. I don't see too much gap between Lumia 520 And 920 in term of everyday task.

Same goes to 430 with 830. You may see the different when playing games but still playable

Beside high end prossecor and GPU on lumia devices usually come with higher screen resolution while low end devices came with standart resolution

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinealguardians