1020 Screen is dead... Options? Will I be disappointed with the cameras on other Lumia?

Marc Archambault

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I am in Canada with Rogers and I own my 1020. I was on the couch and my 1020 slipped out of my pocket and hit the floor. I have dropped it before and nothing ever happened but now the screen is black? as in off. I can still hear notification sounds and the back arrow, windows and search keys light up. So the phone seems to work but not screen. Tried to reset but still nothing.

What should I do?

1- Repair: Can the screen be repaired? If so how much? online it seems hit or miss 100$-200$. Is it worth it? Plus new flag ships expected later this summer

2- Upgrade to a current Lumia 830, 640XL, 1520, 930? or find a deal on a 1020?Worth it? I love my 1020 camera, will I be disappointed with the current batch of windows phone?s cameras?
3- Do I simply give-in and go back to iPhone? My work gave me one but I hate it lol

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When my 1020 busted a couple months ago I decided to bite the bullet and wait till the new flagship.

To ME, it was not worth shelling out to repair It or go get a new one or a 930 or something

Where I'm from, we have to buy phones outright. Definitely. Not worth it.

I bought a BLU win HD for 150us unlocked and I've been using it since. It's a great phone and it's tough as hell. It has fallen so many times all over the place from all different heights face down on the screen and it's still going strong.

it's going to hold me out until the next flagship is released which I am going to purchase

Marc Archambault

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
The camera is my biggest concern. I am a semi pro photog and don't always like pulling out the Canon DSLR. The 1020 camera has produced some great images for me. Why does Microsoft do this to us? Where is the 1030? lol

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The camera is my biggest concern. I am a semi pro photog and don't always like pulling out the Canon DSLR. The 1020 camera has produced some great images for me. Why does Microsoft do this to us? Where is the 1030? lol

Then you're in a tough spot. If the camera means that much to you, then get it repaired. I'm sure I saw the screen on Amazon for like 90-100us.

Your call! I'm not your accountant :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster