When I received the Denim update 8.1 update 2 for my Lumia 820?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

when i receive Denim update 8.1 update 2 for my lumia 820//?

I Have lumia 820 i want to ask when i receive new update GDR 2 (Lumia denim update 8.1 update 2) in India?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: when i receive Denim update 8.1 update 2 for my lumia 820//?

We do not know. Only Microsoft knows and we are not Microsoft. Probably you will not get it and it will be combined with W10.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Manindra Singh

May 31, 2015
Visit site

Microsoft would directly give update for Windows 10 as it would be foolish to give update for previous OS version when brand new new version is going to roll out in few months
Sent from my Windows Phone

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

The correct words are dead on. A few months could stretch into quite a few months. If you look at how long Denim has been out and how few WP users have it does not reflect well on Microsoft. But to be honest I doubt it does much for any of me and my wife's phones, 820, 925, 635 and 520. Even though it was pushed out for the 635 very few users actually got it. I feel the same will happen when W10 is released. I went to buy a 640 (replace my 820) and then after fooling with one for about an hour in a carriers store I decided against it. I went ahead and ordered a new battery for my 820 and decided between it and my Moto G LTE I am just fine as far as phones go. Lets hope Microsoft does a little better job with updates and upgrades in the future, but I am not going to hold my breath. I get better upgrade results from Amazon with my Kindle Fires than from Microsoft or Google.

When Cricket lowered the price on the 640 to 99$ I decided it was worth a try. So far it seems like a very good phone for the low amount of money. Lets see how long it takes for them to get WP10 to these new phones.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon