GB vs SVK country variant Lumia 640

12T

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. Would like to ask you what are the differences between unlocked / SIM free Lumias bought in the UK and in Slovakia for example? I am planning to buy Lumia 640's for our parents. I was thinking to buy them in the UK and then take it to Slovakia. I know, that I can change the language of the phone... Seems to work fine in Slovak language... Would they be limited, something like LTE would not be compatible or everything should be fine?

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. Would like to ask you what are the differences between unlocked / SIM free Lumias bought in the UK and in Slovakia for example? I am planning to buy Lumia 640's for our parents. I was thinking to buy them in the UK and then take it to Slovakia. I know, that I can change the language of the phone... Seems to work fine in Slovak language... Would they be limited, something like LTE would not be compatible or everything should be fine?

Basically there is no difference between international CV's. But buying a 640 in the UK does not automatically mean that you buy a UK CV. So pay attention if you buy it because CV HK (hongkong) versions are also sold (which still will work) The "only" problem with a CV is that during startup you will see the "start" in that countries language but you can change it. Also warranty may be a little bit more "complicated. And if you buy a UK version you will get a charger with a UK power plug.

Good Luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz