Lumia recovery tool is not working help pl

tariqsaad16

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have windows phone 10 on mobile and I want to install the previous version of windows phone 8.1 but when I connected my Lumia 630 with PC. Lumia recovery tool showed the package is not available.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Try one of below suggestions.
Try a few times. (including disconnect/connect the USB cable)
Try different USB cables.
Try different USB ports.
Uninstall the LSRT and reinstall it.
Try the WPRT.
Try another computer.
Hard reset your phone.

All above suggestions have worked but there is no saying which will work for you so keep trying.

Good luck.

Musaib124

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Try one of below suggestions.
Try a few times. (including disconnect/connect the USB cable)
Try different USB cables.
Try different USB ports.
Uninstall the LSRT and reinstall it.
Try the WPRT.
Try another computer.
Hard reset your phone.

All above suggestions have worked but there is no saying which will work for you so keep trying.

Good luck.

None of ur suggestions working

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the same problem now for my 1020 on the latest windows 10 build. Weird thing Lumia recovery tool downloaded 1.53GB of 1.6 GB and all of a sudden gone, and displays package not available. Tried to start the tool again, now the tool doesn't seem to connect at all. Then I tried windows phone recovery tool, where it just says package not available. To test whether something is wrong with my pc or connections, I used my older 520 with 8.1. Both of the tools seems to recognize it and starts downloading. It is a weird issue.
(edit) Tried on an an another pc, neither of the tools seem to work, windows phone recovery tool doesn't recognize either Lumia.

Last edited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. My laptop died and I downloaded and installed the Lumia Recovery Software on my desktop. It installs but when I try to open, it gets to the point where it says it cannot check the update. This happens before I attach the USB cable or the phone. I've tried it on my wifes desktop with the same results. It just will not connect to my ICON. Before my laptop died, it worked perfectly on my ICON and 928. Looks like a MS problem to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb