On Verizon Lumia 735, how do I keep "+1" (USA country code) from displaying on incoming calls?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

On Verizon Lumia 735, how do I keep "+1" (USA country code) from displaying on incoming calls?

On my Verizon Lumia 735, incoming calls display as "+1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx" as opposed to just "(xxx) xxx-xxxx." Does anyone know how to change this? I can't find a setting on the phone that controls this behavior. It's a problem since it prevents the phone matching incoming calls to my contact list, thus bypassing caller ID. I have checked my account with Verizon via their on-line tools and do not have any international options/plans enabled.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: On Verizon Lumia 735, how do I keep "+1" (USA country code) from displaying on incoming calls?

Settings > swipe right for applications > phone > scroll down and toggle "International assist" to Off

bmazloum

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: On Verizon Lumia 735, how do I keep "+1" (USA country code) from displaying on incoming calls?

Just wondering but in your Region setting, is it the actual region that you're in?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Just wondering but in your Region setting, is it the actual region that you're in?

That post is about 8 months old... And from an unregistered guest who cannot reply.

I doubt we will ever get a direct answer...

OP states, "On my Verizon Lumia 735... I have checked my account with Verizon..."

Chances are they are in the US and have run setup to use that Region long ago. Some firmwares do enable International Assist by default.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linux86