I am having to make a move to an iPhone/Android, how's the Microsoft Band on these?

W

WPCentral Question

Well, due to a new job, I am moving to Japan! Unfortunately, I cannot take my Nokia 1020 with me (It will be with me, but I have to move to a Japanese service provider, which means either an iPhone or an Android). How well does the Band function with these two phone types? Can I still get text/call notifications? FB messages? Email?

Also, I assume there may be some functionality issues with a Japanese phone.

I am not terribly concerned about activity tracking, I can plug the band into my computer and grab the info off there. However, I do LOVE having my texts/calls right on my wrist as I run.

Of the two, which functions better with the band? I think I can find the apps I want/need on either system too. (Imiwa? for example).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You may want to think about cross posting this at our sister sites.

Android = Ask Anything - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
iOS = Ask Anything - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
Wearables = Connectedly Forum

Also why not join up? Your Passport sign in for one Mobile Nations Site gets you into all of them. You could reply in threads and get some solid conversations going about device selection and what providers to use as well as starting threads in all areas of the various boards. Including our own Microsoft Band Forum: Microsoft Band - Windows Central Forums

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To be fair... Japan has a very different kind of set up from other places. I've heard it can be difficult to navigate their carrier structure for "guests" and newcomers. If the OP can go "native" with a plan that is good and may be mandatory with his employment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo