Will all Lumia phones get a notification light or only those with the in build LED notification options?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

LED for windows phones

will all the lumia phones get a notification light or only those with the in build led notification options?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: LED for windows phones

How would all Lumia devices get a notification light when they do not have an in-built LED notification light? Are you referring to perhaps using the backlit capacitive keys? That still doesn't work, as quite a few Windows Phones don't have backlit capacitive keys and a few more have software keys.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

No one really has an idea what the "LED notification" feature in W10 really is. It could be hidden notification lights as some have speculated, it could also mean flashing the Windows capacitive button or just flashing the camera flashlight (similar to the iPhone).

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

First: The display of Windows Phones come on to display notifications if you pick up the phone and hold it up. I'm not talking about the Glance screen, it's just a basic feature that as far as I know has been on every Windows Phone for a long time. It might not light up immediately, but if you pick it up right after receiving a notification it will.
Second: No one has any solid confirmation that the Lumia 730 really does have an LED notification light and besides, Microsoft isn't going to add that kind of functionality for the benefit of one phone that hasn't sold all that well.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It is said that in the BLU WIN HD LTE there is notification light that is lit up when the phone is charging.
A few firmware tweaks and maybe this cud be turned into a notification light?

CB Stuart

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

I think that for all Lumias with capacitive backlit buttons should have the start button light up. I think it should also be a feature that you can disable if it becomes annoying.

Cramarc

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
It's not a notification led, it's an infrared sensor status light

In this video: http://youtu.be/Hk7CtWEN-HI
Lol. really lol. It is obvious that is the thing that senses light or something (sorry idk the name proximity sensor or idk) What im saying is on the top left part of it. As shown in this video ( had the time to search it up again so yeah) http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y1bV2fbZ4zk

It also looks like its fake since its not a LED light. (He's saying its not for LED notification then why is it lighting up in his video.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb