Experience of build 10166 windows 10 on LUMIA 525 ?

CP SHARMA1

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I want to install build 10166 on my Lumia 525. Wanted to know about major bugs. I m not heavy aap user. What I do with my phone == mail, calls mostly.

Is there anyone to share the experience ?

Thank you.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Please check the forums there are lots of threads about the TP. They may not be specific for the 525 but as far as I know the TP has no specific device related problems.

Good luck.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks for the response! I have noticed that there are very few owner of 525. I have searched for but mostly about high end Lumia.

As Harrie stated, there are a lot of threads going on this :) Maybe not for the 525 specifically, but in general most phones are covered and the bugs are mostly the same. There are a few owners that report unusual bugs however. If this is your backup phone, then I would say go for the update, especially since the build is now available for the slow ring

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
What does the slow ring mean? It's more stable than fast ring? Btw its my primary phone.
Thank you

Yes the slow ring is mainly for users that want a "less buggy" experience :) It's a bit safer than the fast ring and MS only pushes updates to that ring if they're positive it's good enough :) Nonetheless, the slow ring is still part of the insider program, so there can be small issues, but nothing major :)

CP SHARMA1

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to all who encourage me try.
Yes I had tried but its was a bit slow in compare to 8.1. And obviously it should right now. After spending two days with 10 build I rolled back to 8.1 via windows recovery tool. And successfully installed the 8.1 in my Lumia 525.
but what I am missing now in my phone is CORTANA, APP FOLDER IN HOME SCREEN and many little things. and then I tried to update phone. But its giving me an error > 80072ee7 . What does it mean and how to solve this ? I m sure that My phone is not up to date with Lumia s official latest software for Lumia 525. Any help regarding this?