Why doesn't the photos folder show all the pictures present on my memory card?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

memory card

When i used to new card I backed up al data on pc n formatted memory card and then transfered all data back to memory card.. But the photos folder does not show all the pics present in my card.. Plzzz help

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: memory card

This happened with an SD Card I had in an L535 I used to own. This what I did to resolve the issue:
1. Rename every folder that contains the "missing" photos - e.g. if the folder is called "Me", just rename it "Me abc"; if you have folders within folders, you will need to rename those folders as well, as long as they have photos in them;
2. Launch the Photo Hub and let it update itself; depending on how many photos you have and how many folders you had to rename, this may take anywhere from 15 seconds to more than an hour (I had more than 3,000 photos);
3. Once the photos have appeared in the Photo Hub, simply rename the folders back to their original name, e.g. from "Me abc" to "Me".

While other users have reported that this method doesn't work, I'm hoping that this will work for your case.

Should you wish to provide us with more details, please create a Windows Central account and respond to this thread.

Also remember to visit the link shared by N_LaRUE for more useful information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon