Can I get some help with a sound issue in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Sound issue in Windows 10

My audio is Speakers (Via HD Audio) and it is the default from the beginning I installed windows 10. From the start, I was experiencing issue on the audio and cannot hear and sound from every apps that I use (browsers, skype, games, and etc.) Could you help me to fix this problem as it is very irritating and hopeless. Thanks :)

Anthon Fredriksson

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Sound issue in Windows 10

I have the same issue as the author.
My playback devices: 07134a281af0ceda5b11d91d7856183d.png

The weird thing is that SPDIF Interface is playing sound. I don't really know what that means but I can't hear a single thing from my speakers.

• I have checked that there is no volume issues
  • I have tried to use headphones and it works fine
  • I am not allowed to change properties on my speakers device:df6dcfd7f0451c1f42ea61bc8b829ca3.png
    It is disabled so I cant even change the rate or bit depth.
  • This was so from the beginning of installing Windows 10
  • I have been into the Device Manager and searched for new drivers on every sound/audio device but everything is up-to-date
  • I had Windows 8.1 before updating to Windows 10.
  • I am using the ASUS G55VW.

I suspect some drivers are not yet updated, but I really have no clue when or if they are going to release drivers for Windows 10... :S

Last edited:

brunnoce

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

Hi, im having the exact same issues, except i cant get evan my headphones to work...

My Laptop is an Asus G75, so its pretty similar and i think we are having the same driver issues... hopefully someone can help us.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
You can try installing the sound driver for windows 8 for your device. You can get it from the company website. They mostly work except for graphic card drivers.

Also, send an email to the company and tell them to support it.

brunnoce

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, it worked for me, i got this driver:
"v10_1200a" from VIA official website(cant post the link since im a new member)

Terry Hasenfuss

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I purchased a bran new Asus Win10 that had a issue with volume on skype. I could do a voice recording just fine and playback was good. When I did a skype test call my voice came back as a whisper. Thought it was hardware but wasn't. Exchanged the new Laptop for another still the same problem. I download the skype extension for my browser and it works fine from skype.com with the extension. Its a Win 10 thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3