Windows 10 Pro - No apps working... activation issue?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Upgraded from (legal) Windows 8.1 Pro (with Media Center) to Windows 10 today (using iso).
Had an issue when installing (kept on searching for updates... had to abort the process), but it continued well afterwards.

Now i want to work with it, but not a single app is working... it just says (hope I translate it correctly to English):
"This app cannot be opened.
Your trial period for this app has expired. Go to Windows Store to by the full app."
But also Windows Store app is not working, just as all my other apps that were previously there (Windows Music is working, but i cannot logon with my (paid for) account), just as start menu, notification center, etc.

This seems like a huge activation issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Evert

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Pro - No apps working... activation issue???

The Upgrade should read your old key and convert to a new key. The old key will not activate 10.

The upgrade must not have read it as Genuine or of the appropriate type. Contact Customer Care or go to This PC > Properties and follow the help in the dialog box for Activation.

microsoft customer care - Bing

Rcurry

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

I have the same problem - new laptop, OEm 8.1, foolishly selected "Upgrade to Windows 10 option". Windows 10 shows as being activated but I get "Your trial period for this app has expired" if I try to access any features; it tells me to go to Store but that just flashes up a window that disappears.

Florensius Albert

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

after upgrade from windows 7, microsoft edge can't open, how to fix? Untitled1.png

KMN62

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Unfortunately, I don't have enough posts to insert links....therefore, I will tell you what you need to do. The following fixed ALL my problems with Microsoft Edge, Mail, Calendar...everything...!

***YOU MUST HAVE THE WINDOWS FIREWALL SERVICE RUNNING FOR THIS TO WORK***
1. Find C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
2. Right-click and Run as Administrator
3. Copy this line:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4. Right-click in the Powershell window to Paste and then press Enter.
5. There is no need to restart. The fix should implement right away.

If you have previously disabled Windows Firewall or do not have it running, the above steps will result in errors. Use the steps below to enable Windows Firewall and the reverse if you wish to turn it off again afterwards.

1. Right-click the Start button -> Click Run
2. Type Services.msc and press Enter
3. Scroll down to find Windows Firewall
4. Right-click then click Properties
5. Under Startup Type dropdown -> Select Manual. Click Apply
6. In the top left portion of the Services Window, Click Start this service.
7. Now follow the steps in the first section, and it should work.

These steps worked for me. They have no guarantee to work for you. Just trying to spread some help/love. Best of luck to all in your troubleshooting.

M Jawad Ahmed

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

hello bro this step is not working for me ...
result is in errors please tell me any other way to resolve this issue... please.
:unhappy:

marie bee

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

doesn't work, says access denied:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.Ins
tallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
Get-AppXPackage : Access is denied.
Access is denied.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopm ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: :)) [Get-AppxPackage], UnauthorizedAccessException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.UnauthorizedAccessException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.GetApp
xPackageCommand

drake1244

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site

i also try this but doent work then i carefully read all cmds
1.in search box type powwershell.exe then right click run as admins.
2.it shows c:\\ windows \system 32 \
3.now paste it
4.now its will active!!!!
:grin:

gpitch

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site

I had been receiving the Error Message mentioned above until I realised I had not carried out Step 2 properly. The easier way which I carried out the process was:

1. Find the folder C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\ If you want to find it quickly, open a "Run..." window by pressing Windows+R.
2. Right-click on the powershell.exe application and select "Run as Administrator"
3. Copy this line:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4. Right-click in the Powershell window which will Paste the clipboard content and then press Enter.
5. As the script runs several green lines will appear quickly. Once complete all my apps worked full as they should.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05