Nokia Lumia 1520 - Abnormal Battery Drain

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
Could anyone give me some advice on how to solve the issue of rapid battery drain on an AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520?
I have had two instances where the battery level on my phone has dropped from 30%-40% to 20% or less.
This past Tuesday, I had left the house on a sunny day with about 50% charge on my phone. After reading on for about 30 minutes, the battery life dropped to 31% and then the phone displayed the critical battery alert and immediately shut off. The phone was noticeably warm so I went inside and let the phone cool off. After a few minutes, I powered the phone on again and the battery level was 17%. I had barely started reading when the phonej displayed the critical battery alert and then shut down again. The phone was not as warm as before so I booted it up again and the phone booted up and displayed it had 2% battery life. I charged my phone that night.
I did not use it until today this morning.
The phone had about 47% battery life and I was reading the news feeds in a dimly lit room. Then the battery life dropped to 13%. I turned off my phone and waited a few hours before charging it again.
There is one instance before these events that my phone had shut off on its own was two weeks ago when I was using Office Lens in a bright room when my phone shut off after displaying the critical battery alert. I plugged my phone in and realized it shut off because of overheating. It showed a battery level of 46% while plugged in, the same level when it shut off. Could this be related to the instances I described above?
Thank you for reading all of this and I appreciate your help.

jardando

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a very similar issue on my 1520.3 running the latest win 10 (10512). exactly what you described. This is a fresh hard reset after upgrading to 10512 from 10166.

robnewton

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
ive been having the same/similar issue. Ive finally had time to do a few tests & make a few observations. in my case it seems to be Edge running in the background that causing the problems. today for instance, battery is 90%+, i do no more than a couple of minutes web browsing, press the windows key turn my screen off & put my phone back in my pocket. about an hour later i look at my phone again & my battery is 50-60% & my phone is warm but not hot. this time i close edge & put my phone away. again after about an hour I look at my phone & its only lost a couple of % & is cold. Ive had my suspicions for a few days but hadnt had the time to figure out if it was edge, fuse or facebook or weather its not app related. im going to keep trying a few things but im fairly sure Edge being left in the background is the root of my problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss