Windows 10 app store won't open, error message to contact system admin to repair or reinstall.

W

WPCentral Question

I've just upgraded to windows 10 on my laptop and, when it first booted in, the app store opened fine. However, since i updated a driver for my graphics card and changed my language settings (in an attempt to make Cortana work) and did a reboot, when i click on the store icon either on the task bar or through my start menu, I get the following pop up error message:

This app can't open.
There's a problem with Store. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it.

I should make it clear that I *am* the system admin on this machine and, indeed, its only user lol. I have tried everything I can think of to run a repair on the app but can't seem to figure out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, before I'm forced to rip out my hair...

Sue L

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I have tried every fix out there and this is the ONLY one that worked for me

1. go to control panel
2. search "view network connections"
3. go to view network connections
4. choose your network( which you are currently using )
5. right click on it and select properties
6. scroll down to " internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) "
7. hit properties
8. Now choose Use the following DNS Server addresses
9. right down preferred DNS Server - 8.8.8.8 and Alternate DNS Server - 8.8.4.4
10. These are the addresses of Google's DNS Servers
11. They are free to use.
12. Hit ok
13. close all the tabs
14. Now start the windows store again now it should work if not works for you restart your computer or restart the windows store services

Prafful Singh

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello, do you find this error from opening store app from taskbar then try opening it from start menu it will download it and then you are good to go and do check ur network connection because microsoft servers are overloaded it you get a higher ms ping reboot ur router and try again !
goodluck!

Adam Smith16

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
this seemed to do the trick for me

Open Powershell as admin and run the following command

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans