Can I get a fix for a limited wifi connection on W 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Fix for Limited wifi connection w. 10

After upgrading to Windows 10, I have limited WiFi or no connection to the internet. I have reset the WiFi adapter, followed the recommendation of the troubleshooter; sometime this helps, but after a few minutes the connection is again cut or limited. My drivers are all up to date. Many reboots do not help. What is the fix?!!!!

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fix for Limited wifi connection w. 10

I saw an article earlier today with some tips on handling this issue. I'll scour and repost if I find it. I was having wifi problems with earlier builds and had to set a static ip to get my connection to work. After going to 10240 my issues haven't popped up. My gf's surface had that limited connection issues today but after a reboot and apparently some update it was fine, her's was not on earlier builds, straight upgrade.

Afzil Noviandri

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

I found a simple way to fix the problem. Try to open to Network Settings, and then change adapter options. Choose wifi adapter and then right click and choose properties. Click 'configures' and then choose driver tab. And then click Rool back driver. After I did it, my internet connection is back. If you find the same problem again after using your laptop few times or hours...do the same thing again...rool back driver...
it works for my laptop. My laptop is ASUS 455L series.

regards

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

I found a simple way to fix the problem. Try to open to Network Settings, and then change adapter options. Choose wifi adapter and then right click and choose properties. Click 'configures' and then choose driver tab. And then click Rool back driver. After I did it, my internet connection is back. If you find the same problem again after using your laptop few times or hours...do the same thing again...rool back driver...
it works for my laptop. My laptop is ASUS 455L series.

regards

You can either roll back or update if available

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

My OCD-like attitude may have fixed mine on my Surface Pro 2. I noticed the upgrade changed my WiFi to "WiFi 2" and I removed the 2 because reasons. I restarted and everything worked perfectly. Did it actually do anything, I have no clue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3