What happened, my Windows 7 home basic turned into ultimate instead of Win 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

what happened? mi windows 7 home basic turned into ultimate instead of win 10!

i just turned on mi computer and now it is windows 7 ultimate... i reserved windows 10 free but i didn't see any update until now, i feel cheated

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: what happened? mi windows 7 home basic turned into ultimate instead of win 10!

i just turned on mi computer and now it is windows 7 ultimate... i reserved windows 10 free but i didn't see any update until now, i feel cheated

The Windows 10 upgrade does Not upgrade anyone from 7 Basic to Ultimate.

How did you "upgrade" to "10"?

This tool can help as well if you just want to get 10 anyway. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: what happened? mi windows 7 home basic turned into ultimate instead of win 10!

I don't know, it just changed! i did nothing to do that and i'm aware that it's impossible, and today in my update historial is one single update named "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro" ... it had error... i'm really confused about this..
I'll check that tool now, i hope it works :/

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site

i didn't wanted 7 ultimate, i want 10, it's all that matters... and that tool asked my product key, i wrote it (the product key from the box of my computer) and it isn't working.
[EDIT] maybe it isn't working because of that "ultimate uprgrade" that i didn't asked for, because the label, "certificate of authenticity" is for my windows 7 home basic :crying:
[EDIT2] I'll try to recover my windows 7 home basic and then getting my windows 10

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes