Windows 10, why am I not able to access the Bios setup?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 and Bios setup

I recently upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my Acer AspireOne netbook. Everything went fine but I can't now access to the bios setup. Any suggestion? Thanks

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: Windows 10 and Bios setup

Every PC manufacturer accesses BIOS differently. For Dell it's usually pressing F2 when the Dell logo appears. For Toshiba it's usually holding down 0 before and after initial startup. Just look up Acer's method.

guglia72

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

Of course I did that (F2 in my case), but it still does not access to bios setup.
I also tried all other keys I know (del, F10, ALT F12, spacebar, etc) but still no access

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

Are you shutting down or restarting your computer? If you're shutting down, try restarting instead. If you're restarting, try doing it while holding down the shift key. I believe Acer accesses BIOS with the Delete key.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

I say again, try to shutdown while holding shift. One of the features of Windows 8/.1 and Windows 10 is that they won't conduct a "complete" shutdown. Shutting down while holding shift will force this. I'm not saying it WILL work, but it's worth a try, eh?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb