I can't wake up windows 10 after sleep mode

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I'm using a Bluetooth keyboard and Bluetooth mouse when I put it to sleep I can't wake up unless I press my start botton I should be able to wake up either touching the keyboard or moving the mouse

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central.

There are mixed findings/opinions and suggestions on this matter since the issue could be a result of a mixture of different issues, such as hardware settings, drivers, software settings and configurations, etc. Some of the solutions worked for others while not working for others. Some of the ideas discussed are:
1. If you let your PC sleep using a hardware button, then that same hardware button should be able to wake the PC up.
2. If you've allowed your PC to wake up through USB in the BIOS, then put your PC to sleep and then unplugged any USB device attached to it while it was sleeping, then that PC won't wake up unless the hardware power button is pressed. This could also be applicable to Bluetooth devices, since Bluetooth may be temporarily disconnected when the device goes to sleep.
3. If your PC had a custom manufacturer-specific software (e.g. Samsung Control Center) that allows the laptop (what device are you using, by the way?) to wake up when the lid is opened, then this feature was completely removed in Windows 10 brought about by the uninstallation of that software. You would need to re-install that software, run it in compatibility mode for a previous version of Windows and then re-enable the said feature.

Should you wish to provide us with more details or ask further questions, please don't hesitate to create a Windows Central account and respond to this thread.

mavem tech

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
i have the same issue on my HP NV700-230 only when I go into the device manager the option to "allow with this device to wake the computer" is greyed out for my built-in Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 adapter. I've been talking with Windows support level 2 technicians for the past week to no avail. I'm hoping someone on this site is actually intelligent and might have an idea as to how to fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs