How do I fix - the default gateway is not available?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how do i fix - the default gateway is not available

this problem had occurred since my upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 and I lose my internet connection. it happens anything from minutes after logging on to an hour after, I have a wired connection to a router from my pc

jpm3461

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue.

I've tried using the Windows Diagnostic Tool. Sometimes that works and I get a 'Fixed' with a green symbol next to where it tells me the error was the default gateway is not available. Sometimes it doesn't work and can't reset the network adapter. When that happens, if I look in Device Manager at the network card properties, it sometimes says that no driver is installed, even though I know it is. Either way, not a permanent solution.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the network card driver to no avail. It hung up on the reinstall and when I restarted I got a BSOD.

I've reset my TCP/IP settings, and that didn't do anything.

I haven't directly contacted Microsoft, I guess that's the next step, though I'm not holding my breath. To me it seems like a driver issue, but I don't really know. I'm at a loss.

I'll update here if I find a good solution.

PeeWeeH3

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. The computer won't connect to the internet for longer than a couple minutes before I need to run Windows Network Diagnostics (which only buys a few more minutes before I need to rinse and repeat). I'd love some suggestions as to how to fix this other than reinstalling Windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6