Windows 10 doesn't recognize CD-DVD drive nor Seagate backup drive

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

My internal CD-DVD drive worked perfectly on Windows 7 until I upgraded to
Windows 10. if I insert a CD nothing happens. The drive isn't shown anywhere when viewing drives of the computer. Also, my backup drive E: isn't recognized either.
My Seagate manager tells me that no drive is connected.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Open command prompt and type "diskmgmt.msc" and press enter. Under disk management, do you see your CD drive and your E: listed without a drive letter?

Please register and answer these questions for someone to assist you better.

Chingon Elmas

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
This same thing has happened to my PC with my Windows 10 upgrade. My CD Drive doesn't show up in disk management. I have tried checking the registry where the CD Rom class is for Upperclass and Lowerclass filters but those filters do not exist. I have tried swapping out CD Drives with a known working one, and Windows wont detect it. I have also tried changing sata cables and plugging into a free sata slot and still no luck. What should I try next?

WTBollinger

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I am running on an Intel DX58SO motherboard and recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10, at which point one of my CD/DVD drives disappeared from "This PC". I checked BIOS and saw that both drives were listed and recognized, one on SATA port 2 and one on SATA port 3. SATA 0 is my SSD drive and SATA 1 was unused. On a whim I moved the CD/DVD connection from SATA 2 to SATA 1 and discovered that both drives are now recognized. I then moved the second drive's connection from SATA 3 to SATA 2, only to find that the second drive had disappeared from Win 10. I moved the second drive's connection back to SATA 3 and the drive reappeared in Win 10. Note that in all configurations the BIOS correctly recognized that both drives were present.

Chingon Elmas

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
After all the google searches and forums I posted in and never receiving a straight good answer, I decided to just contact the Microsoft Support Team. They remote in to my computer and fixed the issue within 30 min or so. If anyone else has issues with Windows 10 Upgrade, call this number (1-800 642-7676) and follow the instructions to schedule a call back... Usually takes less than 5 to 6 min for a call back and they will work with you to fix your issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3