Outlook 2013 (365) won't send e-mail after Windows 10 upgrade, why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Outlook 2013 (365) won't send e-mail after windows 10 upgrade

Since upgrading to Windows 10 and choosing to keep all my settings and apps in place, Outlook now refuses to send e-mails, whether you are replying to a message sent to you or creating a new e-mail for sending. There is no problem in receiving e-mails.

The e-mails I've tried to send show up in my sent items (not stuck in Outbox) and I have discovered that if you try forwarding those 'sent' e-mails then they get through! Equally strange is that if you delete the 'FW' present in the subject line when forwarding they do not get through either!

I have visited many forums on this matter and tried running sfc /scannow as admin multiple times which does not fix it. I have also tried repairing my office installation which also does not make any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do next as I've tried everything suggested and I REALLY don't want to have to go down the route of a clean install for everything!

Thanks

Philthy77SD

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Outlook 2013 (365) won't send e-mail after windows 10 upgrade

I am also experiencing the same issue with Outlook not sending mail. I also have tried running sfc /scannow and it does not solve the problem.

Sohail Hanif

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Mostly Office Programs links are here C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office 2013

you will find 'Outlook 2013' shortcut (.lnk) file, right click on this link and click properties

Click 'Security'

Click 'Advance'

in new window. see Owner in second line, there is change link click on that

you will see third part of window, type your user name 'XXXXXX' (which is associated in Outlook Profile) and click check name, your name will appear

select that name, Apply and close back all windows,

Run your outlook again and 'Bingo' you will get rid of this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3