Why don't I have any sound after the Windows 10 upgrade?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

No sound after windows 10 upgrade

I did the windows upgrade now my laptop sounds wont work. I have a Dell inspiron . I di the troubleshooting and it can't fix it. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Tony Clegg

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: No sound after windows 10 upgrade

Have you checked the device management screen to see if there is an '!' in there to indicate the there is a problem. Is the volume icon appeared on the task bar by clock/date?

By checking the device management screen and right clicking on the sound/video you may be able to update the driver that failed to load during the install.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Note that on the Dell website under Drivers Windows 10 is at the top of the list.. when I first read the list you see 7,8,8.1 oh, no 10. But 10 is there.

gwh34t

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I had the same issue on my Surface Pro 3. Not to say it will work, but this is what I did.

Disable sound in device manager, then re-enable. Right click > update driver. Last, manually force updates (if applicable) through Windows Update and restart.

Angelo Droutsas

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

Same here. I had to to devices hardware and eneble sound which is BS. Also, I've seen that people don't have start menu tiles. It gives a critical error and we'll get back to you. I can't use my PC and can't even go back to Win 7.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani