Windows 10 Fullscreen Application Sound! How can I get it to go away?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 Fullscreen Application Sound!

For the life of me i cannot get the notification sound to go away when switching to fullscreen in apps. turning off windows sounds doesnt stop it. wtf is going on?

B_arnold

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Fullscreen Application Sound!

I have the same issue and it is extremely irritating. I've checked the notification settings, Windows sound setting, soundcard settings, nothing! If anyone figures out a solution let us know!

raj1122

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Alright so a number of you have this issue and seems to annoy the crap out of you and me. I found the solution. There is a file in C:\Windows\Media that is named Windows Generic Notification something (I just deleted it so I dont remember the exact name) but there is only one.

You wont be able to delete it as you dont have the permission! Right click on it go to properties, advanced, and change the ownership to your own username then grant yourself full control and delete it.

problem solved.

Note: it does not appear in the NO SOUND menu and that is why it gets skipped!

Cheers

Darts_be

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Geez, this is happening to me as well, must have done something wrong as I swear this bug/feature wasn't here a couple of days ago.
Anyone found a fix yet?

EDIT >> Strangely enough a hard reboot solved the issue (I kind of never turn of the computer, it sleeps at the most)

EDIT2 >> ****, it came back

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss