Why can't I sync data from my Nokia 720?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Cannot sync data from nokia 720. May be a login issue with phone

Im just about to upgrade my phone and wanted to ensure that my contacts and calendar data had been synced to my Microsoft account. When I first had my phone I set up a yahoo account and it is this one that shows up under "Settings//Nokia account" on the lumia 720. Even though under the"backup" I have synced the data, there are no contacts or calendar data in this account (logged in on my mac to check)

I set up another account at @outlook.com and did another back up but with the same result - no data has been synced. I have trawled endlessly through various forums trying to resolve this and I can't. One forum says to ensure that i am "signed in" with the correct account. When i go the "nokia account" menu I constantly get "Network Problem" error message. My phone is connected to wifi so I know this is not the case. I have tried the "I don't know my password" option and it gives me the option of help by email or text but I receive nothing in either! this is frustrating beyond words as it seems there is no way to do the most fundamental thing of transferring data from one device to another!! Any help would be much appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb