Anyone have a fix for Windows Update Error Code 80244019 on Windows 8.1?

Dan Conk

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
So my copy of windows 10 is ready, and i want to update everything else beforehand. but i go into windows update, and when i hit "check for updates" it says checking, then returns an error code 80244019. i already tried running the windows update troubleshooter app from their website...no luck with that. it says fixed, but i still have the same issue.

i'm assuming this is the reason that when i click "lets continue" on the windows 10 update notification, its just says "working on it" for infinity.

i have not tried booting in safe mode yet, because the last time i tried that, something happened and i couldnt log back into windows and ended up having to bring it to the microsoft store and had to have them clean install windows.

any thoughts?

planky42

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
This worked on one of our computers just changing the update to windows only updates, however it hasn't worked on a laptop that we have in Spanish, still comes up with error code. I doubt very much there is a virus causing this as yesterday I updated this pc with the last of the windows 8.1 updates and today after not being used (so no chance of acquiring a virus) it came up with this error. I think it has something to do with the last updates I installed. I will try to un-install them and see if that works. It's a bit time consuming as the pc is in Spanish and my first language is English.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon