Why isn't my Webcam / camera working after the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Webcam / camera isn't working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Hi,

Could somebody possibly help me out? I've just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and my webcam (inbuilt on laptop) doesn't seem to be working. I've checked the settings within the camera app and they seem fine. Also have an issue with viewing YouTube videos on Edge - I can't view them (?). Help/pointers appreciated - thanks!

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Webcam / camera isn't working after upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Regarding camera, check device manager. If there is exclamation or x mark there, you probably need to install a driver. Get the driver from the laptop website. You should be able to use windows 8 driver if 10 is not available.

David West5

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for your reply - I checked the device manager and nothing indicated that any drivers were out of date. I downloaded a river agent to check for out of date drivers and that came up with nothing too. I've checked Sony Vaio's site but can't seem to locate anything for the camera / webcam for windows 8 or 10. To be honest I've had nothing but problems with this upgrade and will go back to 7 if I can't fix this - countless people seem to be having endless issues.

David West5

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

Tried the latest camera driver on Sony's site but still no joy - to be fair, there is a note on their site saying not to update to Windows 10 until they've updated drivers. Thanks again for your help though - guess i'll just have to wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo