Why is Windows 10 causing audio distortion/stuttering with Realtek and how do I fix it?

ryontheruler

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
This started happening the same day I upgraded from 8.1, but it went away. Suddenly it's come back worse than it ever was. I've tried uninstalling my Realtek drivers and rebooting and I've tried changing the sample rate. No change.

This is INFURIATING. I can't listen to music, watch videos, play games without the audio stuttering and it's driving me crazy.

Shreyans Patel

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
having problem with my laptop audio after upgrded to windows 10. can you please help me?

after upgrading to window 10 its started distorting audio. it seems well in realtek test. but when I start any multimedia file audio getting worst. please guide to resolve this problem

VanixLH

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Bumping this so it gets more attention.

Like I said in another thread this is Microsofts and Realteks fault because even after a clean installation this is still a problem.

doctorm3d

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
It happened to me as well. After upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10 - audio is glitching in all multimedia formats and applications (VLC, Winamp, web browsers), using a Realtek HD Audio 6.0.1 driver. Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver didn't work. They need to patch this seriously.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried downloading the most recent Realtek driver and going to Device Manager and forcing the driver installation through that route?

doctorm3d

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I tried it, installing via device manager the 6.0.1 build 7586 (18.08.2015), but still didn't work. I found these archive on softpedia.

Zauviir

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I also want to bump this. I upgraded to win10 when it first came out, and I had the realtek audio/video stutter issue. I thought I could find a fix and I tried for days. I tried installing drivers from Realtek's website, I force updated my sound and video drivers. I tried running windows without my dual graphics. I couldn't find anything on anyone's site that would help, so I reverted. It's over a month past, so I thought the issue was fixed. ONLY thing I'm happy about is that I was able to revert to 7 so easily. I am so extremely frustrated by this issue that I really want to use profanities, just to make me feel better. Audio/video is the only thing for which I use my desktop, so basically, this issue renders my computer useless. I guess I'll wait two months this time. Win 7 works great, though!

bassafrass

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
How is this still not fixed? It's October and all audio I play is incredibly annoying. What's the deal? No solutions I have seen make a bit of difference.

bassafrass

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I don't even have the realtek driver installed anymore. The new ones did nothing to help. But even with them entirely uninstalled the problem persists.

bfree1

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
this is so annoying. my pc's audio stutters all the time. from what i can gather, no one cares, and no one is trying to fix it. so it looks as if the only solution is to back track to windows 7?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
this is so annoying. my pc's audio stutters all the time. from what i can gather, no one cares, and no one is trying to fix it. so it looks as if the only solution is to back track to windows 7?

Change audio format to something different in Control Panel -> Sound. Find one that works best for your sound card.

Kadano

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes, you are right, unfortunately. I re-installed Windows 10 two times, even after clean install, the problem persists. For me, it happens every 30 minutes: ndis.sys and other processes cause extreme DPC latency (>200ms; yes ms, not ?s!), which causes system delays of about one second. During this second, audio stutters disruptively and video is frozen.

I installed a dual-boot Windows 8.1 partition on the same PC and don?t have that problem here at all, with the same programs used. So it definitely is either a hardware company?s fault for writing bad Win10 drivers (my network adapter is from Realtek fwiw), or Microsoft?s for doing something bad with the network drivers. Since it happens every 30 minutes and Windows telemetry and ?keylogging? is supposed to be sent every 30 minutes too, I suspected that the telemetry data sending might be the cause. But even after using a Windows tweaking program to disable all telemetry and other potentially privacy-compromising Windows 10 features, the problem persisted. So I?ve written this off as a general Windows 10 bug that seemingly isn?t given any attention from Microsoft developers.

I?m glad I didn?t pay anything for Windows 10, else I would be really upset that this OS can?t even handle continuous audio and video output.

booyabojangles

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
This has seriously not been fixed yet? I'm going insane. I upgraded fairly recently (early October) and even though my games' audio play fine, Netflix in Edge, Chrome or Firefox all stutter if I try to do ANY one other thing at the same time, like a tab or browsing in a different browser, or open a folder. It seems even worse with video playing applications like VLC media player. On top of all of this, I had to go through the twisty-turny hassle of registering on this page to bump this topic!

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Run all latest Windows update. Install lastest Realtek driver. Try different audio format, 16bit, 48000hz. Only happens with Realtek cards. None of my Creative cards has this issue.

mrkemak

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
What seemed to end up working for me was tweaking the connector settings in the RealTek control app.

After re-installing the drivers it had two of my three connectors set for Line-In and Mic, once I switched to 5.1 and set those to center speaker/sub woofer and rear-speakers, the stuttering in my games disappeared.
I.e. try changing your connectors so they are output only.
It's working right now so I don't really want to experiment with it further to prove this conclusively, but hopefully this helps someone.

Sillypsybin

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I've been getting this too on Windows 10 with all the latest updates applied. This is not a stuttering problem. This is audio clipping due to low frequency content. NASTY speaker destroying square wave distortion, just horrible. This only happens with Realtek onboard sound. Does not happen with my EMU 0404USB outboard converter, but unfortunately that recently bit the dust, so for now I'm stuck with the onboard system. Changing sample/bit rates does not help. SRS sound is disconnected, so that's not the problem. I'm not a gamer, so it's not game related. This is just plain old music it's happening on. It's not software related, it happens on different DAWs, and music players....same problem across the board.

WolfGod47

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I am also experiencing this issue, seems like it started mid term last year, I also have Realtek onboard audio and experiencing this over games both from speakers and headphones I hope they fix this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss