Access Point Issues on Windows 10 Mobile 10512

nanoPass

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with the new update to Windows 10 Mobile 10512? I have an unlocked AT&T Lumia 920 that had an Access Point error on the previous build. I'm using the phone on the Tmobile network. I never had to update the APNs and it picked up LTE speeds. Now with the new update to 10512 I can't access the Web or the store. Calls and text messages work but nothing else. I continue to get the same Access Point error when I reboot the phone. Can anyone help?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

TheMoonbeam

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I also have a Lumia 920 from AT&T, unlocked for use on T-Mobile. I was able to resolve the Data & MMS issue by manually adding the APN's. In settings search for SIM > Select the SIM listed > Properties > scroll down and click to add an APN under MMS and another under Data.

Data:
Access Point Name (APN): fast.t-mobile.com

MMS:
Access Point Name (APN): fast.t-mobile.com
MMSC Server: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

On the SIM Properties page, scroll back down to the APN's, and click the ones you added, click "Activate", the restart your phone. This fixed the problem for me. But, quick warning, I still get the Access Point error page, and as of this morning no longer get a signal even after restarting my phone several times (I get a signal for a second or two after rebooting, then it dispersals and I get the Access Point error message).

nanoPass

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thnx that seemed to have worked in the meantime. Not sure why we have to do this, the previous build seemed to have worked without manually changing the APN settings. Hopefully this gets fixed.

TheMoonbeam

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Yea, they seem to have broken something in the SIM card settings. My guess is that it has to do with the Access Point app. Perhaps they made changes in the system, but didn't mirror these changes in the app, so it is causing issues. I'm just hoping I can get signal again (defeats the purpose of having a phone if you can't make/receive calls/SMS).

Fiter Kurniawan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile build 10512 has an issue about access point. I try to HardReset it and back to normal. But, I still can share valid IP to Hostpot Share :'(
Is anyone else having issues with the new update to Windows 10 Mobile 10512? I have an unlocked AT&T Lumia 920 that had an Access Point error on the previous build. I'm using the phone on the Tmobile network. I never had to update the APNs and it picked up LTE speeds. Now with the new update to 10512 I can't access the Web or the store. Calls and text messages work but nothing else. I continue to get the same Access Point error when I reboot the phone. Can anyone help?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05