Manual download of wp apps

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. A couple of months back Microsoft "unified" the windows store for the desktop and the mobile. Before they did that, i was able to download apps and games (.xap) files on my pc itself and could manually install then on my Lumia later on. This proved a boon for apps like asphalt and other such big apps which i tend to lose again and again after upgrading to preview builds due to which i had to do a hard reset every other day. But now, i am unable to download the apps manually. When i access the site on the pc it says to access it through my mobile. And when i load it on my Lumia, i get redirected to the store itself. Does anybody know how to download manually? Or is it simply not possible anymore? Thnx for your time and replies in advance:)

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Why would I need this
U can read the ques again. And if its stil unclear then here it goes: Asphalt for wp is 900mb approx. Its installed on my lumia right now. Now lets suppose that a w10m build arrives tomorrow. I upgrade my lumia and find that it cant be used on daily basis. So i roll back to wp8.1 as a result of which i lose my game. Now i would have to download it again and install it which takes up a lot of time. This has happened to me a couple of times now. Earlier i downloaded the asphalt xap file on my pc and used to transfer it to my lumia in such cases and install it from the "install local apps" option from the store. Now i am not able to do that...thats my issue.
Hope its clear now:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wasifl