I cannot decide if I should buy the Lumia 640 or wait for the 950?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I cannot decide if I should buy the lumia 640 or wait for the 950

I like the 640 but two things bother me, the 1 GB Ram and the 8GB memory.
Everything else is fine for me as I am a retired, non-working senior housewife but I love a phone that is fast when I go from site to site. Also how much memory does the new windows 10 use up?
Normal phone call audio is very important to me.
Do you think auto charging is worth it?
Camera is not a big deal for me but I do like to take a few photo's.
How much longer do we have to wait for the 950? Any ideas about price?
Thanks!
Geri

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: I cannot decide if I should buy the lumia 640 or wait for the 950

Very detailed request. I'm sure you will get many data points and suggestions.

My advice, the 640 is reasonably price for what it is. It would be a good phone to get to learn the OS and get accustomed to Windows World. If you already have a windows phone, then wait for the new ones. Rumor has it they will be her around end of October early November.

Good luck.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: I cannot decide if I should buy the lumia 640 or wait for the 950

If you want the latest and greatest and to be able to use Continuum, then WAIT! It's what I'm gonna do!:cool: But be prepared to pay a pretty penny for the opportunity!

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Given your needs.I think the 640 would be sufficient.A gig of ram is good for this price range and browsing online is very smooth.I wouldn't worry about storage.Buy an sd card to store all your content.You can even run your apps from it depending on the quality of your card.I've been using the 640 since its release.I upgraded from the 630 and I will probably get a 950 sometime next year.I'll only go for the 950 because I like all the additional features,but it will cost me and I'm not sure your interested in them anyway

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokul Dm