Dell Venue 8 pro Black Screen, can't boot. Help!! What should I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Dell Venue 8 pro Black Screen, can't boot. Help!!

My Venue 8 was working fine until at one point I didn't use it for a few months and when I tried to turn it on it would not boot at all. I've charged it fully but It just shows a black screen, no dell logo.

If I hold windows button as i turn it on I can sometimes but very rarely (1 on 25 maybe) get the dell logo and get it to boot into bios. I cannot get it to boot to auto recovery (loading circle stops spinning and it freezes).

I have tried downloading windows 10 32-bit and would like to boot from USB and reinstall Windows completely. I have created a bootable USB and am using a usb hub with keyboard connected to the tablet along with the bootable USB drive but still cannot get it to boot from it. In bios I disable secure boot and change boot priority to USB but when I save and exit it just freezes on a black screen with a "_" on the left side. I have to power off by holding power button and then when I turn it back on it goes back to square one.

Can anybody help me? Is there anything I can do? I just want to be able to use this tablet again reliably :(

Thank you,
-Adam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720