Lumia 535 Device locked for security reasons - Windows 10 10512. How can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 535 "Device locked for security reasons" - Windows 10 10512

Took my Lumia 535 out of my pocket earlier, only to be greeted with "This device has been locked for security reasons. Connect your device to a power source for at least two hours and try again."

I thought that's strange, but I did exactly that and put the phone on charge for about 4 hours. I tried unlocking the phone using my PIN but I still had the message. I then rebooted the device about 5 times and every time I was still getting the same message.

This is getting ridiculous now and I currently don't have a usable phone. Any solutions?

wicked alchemist

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
i am getting the same (superb!) message on my screen while updating from windows 10 preview build 10512 to 10536.. did soft reset several times but all in vain.. someone has the way to get out of it? ASAP plz !

Last edited by a moderator:

twomill69

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 535 "Device locked for security reasons" - Windows 10 10512

Same issue with my 735 running insider W10 build, searched online for key combo for hard reset, currently restoring/reinstalling phone is if new bypassing option to install from a previous build/update, just in case it goes' tits up again...all done....WOW !!! Phone looks like a W10 device......so, hard reset worked plus haven't lost a single photo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3