Can I install Windows Phone 10 on my daily usage phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

windows phone 10

Hi,
I have been using Windows phone 8.1 update 1. I have been continuously following windows phone 10 build releases features and bugs. You guys are always telling that not to update windows 10 on your primary phone till it is stable.
So, i want to ask that now with this new build 10532 can i install it on my daily useage phone . i dont have another phone or shall i wait till october?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: windows phone 10

Hi,
I have been using Windows phone 8.1 update 1. I have been continuously following windows phone 10 build releases features and bugs. You guys are always telling that not to update windows 10 on your primary phone till it is stable.
So, i want to ask that now with this new build 10532 can i install it on my daily useage phone . i dont have another phone or shall i wait till october?

I'd say it depends on a few things.

Firstly, if you're unwilling to put up with freezes/bugs, don't upgrade your primary device. Secondly, if you're unable to live with a shorter battery life, don't upgrade.

Thirdly, what device are you using? If it's a mid-range device, i'd suggest waiting. Windows 10 Mobile runs significantly worse on my Lumia 822 than it does on my Lumia Icon.

Quddus Okele

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
All, i have been using Windows 10 mobile on my Lumia 1020 ever since its preview was released. presently i have build 512 on it and it has been reasonably stable untill this morning that it keeps crashing. whatsapp and other apps crashes every minute.
please any way out of this please. i love this w10 mobile. i need help please.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
All, i have been using Windows 10 mobile on my Lumia 1020 ever since its preview was released. presently i have build 512 on it and it has been reasonably stable untill this morning that it keeps crashing. whatsapp and other apps crashes every minute.
please any way out of this please. i love this w10 mobile. i need help please.

That's happened to me before. A soft reset usually does the trick. Simply hold down the power button for about 15 seconds, or until it vibrates and restarts itself.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I find that simply closing down apps from the task manager helps quite a bit. It's pretty easy to have a few apps open at one time and things can big down a little. If I find something doesn't work, I usually close all my apps down and often find that things work again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DestructoDisk