Upgrade to windows10 mobile from windows8.1 mobile.

Yogesh Malhotra

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
What is the best process to update windows 8.1 mobile to windows 10 mobile. Without even loosing any data And seamless experience on win10 mobile?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
There really is only one way.. Download the windows insider app, register and pick a lane (fast or slow). Do a backup before doing this and restore it during setup

Yogesh Malhotra

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
There really is only one way.. Download the windows insider app, register and pick a lane (fast or slow). Do a backup before doing this and restore it during setup

Thanks ... But i was asking should i reset my phone when i am on windows 8.1 then upgrade to windows10 mobile or should i upgrade first and then reset. Because i heard that if u do favtory reset than only windows 10 mobile is work seamless.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
The best way (but could be an overkill) is:
-backup every media or content to onedrive or on an SD card
-hard reset
-install insider
-update x2
-hard reset again
-do not restore phone backup and reinstall apps from the "owned apps" list in the store

I did it this way and it is super smooth.

Stun3i

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Well I heard people saying hard reset before you even install insider is the best. I didn't hard reset in 8.1. I did reset, however, after updating to 10512. And my 520 is running quite smoothly with build 10512, except for some common problems like blinking quiet hours, slow lock screen and such.

Yogesh Malhotra

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
The best way (but could be an overkill) is:
-backup every media or content to onedrive or on an SD card
-hard reset
-install insider
-update x2
-hard reset again
-do not restore phone backup and reinstall apps from the "owned apps" list in the store

I did it this way and it is super smooth.

I am okay with app installing process however i want to restore my msgs and other settings ? What about that..

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
With the hard reset and fresh install you can not "restore" other settings.
But for msgs (SMS) you can. If you enabled SMS backup in w8.1 the SMS will turn up again in W10. The hard reset and clean install do not have an influence on the SMS "restore". You only need to use the same MS account in W10 and enable SMS backup.

Ps I am not sure what you mean with other settings but you may be able to sync some items with other devices you have with the same MS account.

Yogesh Malhotra

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
With the hard reset and fresh install you can not "restore" other settings.
But for msgs (SMS) you can. If you enabled SMS backup in w8.1 the SMS will turn up again in W10. The hard reset and clean install do not have an influence on the SMS "restore". You only need to use the same MS account in W10 and enable SMS backup.

Ps I am not sure what you mean with other settings but you may be able to sync some items with other devices you have with the same MS account.

Thank you for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos