Why did the update blow up WIN 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why did the update blow up WIN 10

I have been a Beta tester for Win 10 for months.
On release day I downloaded WIN 10 and installed it on my computer.
It worked just great, all my software came across during the upgrade and I was a happy camper.
THEN, after several weeks of enjoying the GREAT WINDOWS 10, Microsoft did an "Update" and no more machine. Just a gray screen.
Reboot after Reboot, nothing, I was even locked out of BIOS.
I then attempted to reinstall the ISO I had originally used and things weren't working like they did the first time, SO....
I then reinstalled my original WIN 7 from the HP recovery disks I made when I purchased my computer.
After getting all the updates and installing them for the old WIN 7, the computer would freeze mid screen and lock up.
So I reinstalled WIN 10 again from the ISO I had made. When I try to "activate" WIN 10 it won't accept my license key, nor will it allow any license key for any other Win 7 I own, or any license key listed as acceptable from Microsoft.
I'm just told to go purchase WIN 10 from the Microsoft store.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why did the update blow up WIN 10

This looks more of an hardware issue to me rather than a Windows 10 install gone bad. The only way you can activate a Windows 10 license is by first upgrading to Windows 10 from either a Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 SP1 install, capture the new Windows 10 key and then use it to perform a clean install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills