How can I get my Store App to open?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my store app will not open

My windows 10 store app was working just fine last week and now it will not open. The app highlights when I click on it but nothing happens after that point.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried restarting your PC? There was an update for the Store app recently, and maybe your PC needs to reboot to finish the update. Try it... report back and let us know if that fixes your problem.

RJB1964

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the short reply, feeling somewhat frustrated. I have rebooted as stated and it has had not affect on the app. I have uninstalled the last 2 updates with no the same result (still unable to launch the app) so I reinstalled the updates and rebooted. Still having no luck launching the app. Decided that I would simply ask a question here. (running on a PC)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It's ok, I understand your frustration. Can you sign into the store through your browser?

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...en-us%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fwindows&token=fKgHDLHX

Maybe check for Windows updates (settings/Updates and Security), and make sure you have all the latest updates for your PC, reboot and try again. I'm not sure why else the store app wouldn't be opening. Have you tried opening it right from the "all apps" list, rather than the pinned Start tile, or pinned taskbar icon?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb