Why is the surface connected to internet but cannot browse (or do iMAP)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello. My surface pro 3 connects to the internet. I can ping and do nslookups. However, the browser just hangs. Outlook just hangs and then disconnects.

Second however, it only does it at selected networks. This happens to me at home (no other machine has this problem including my daughter's surface pro 3). It's happened to me once at a public hotspot.

Any suggestions? For about two minutes this morning, Outlook was connected and then the connection was lost.

I've tried restarting tcp. I've turned the firewall off and on.

Thanks,

Mike

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there a proxy set to redirect your traffic? When you say daughter... All I can think of is what crap kids install on computers that change so many settings.

Go to internet options and I believe it is under the connections tab, lan settings...

I try to avoid public wifi at all costs. Slow due to being overcrowded and plain unsafe... I have seen where things hang on public wifi. Many have web/traffic filters that get in the way. So I hope your tests are on a private network for best results.

Now that you have her computer... Run a malwarebytes scan on it...

Good luck

Michael Weintraub

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
No, letting everything like that get selected automatically.

I wasn't clear. My daughter's machine works from this network, which is my home's network. My other machines all work. My surface works at work. To make things less - or maybe more - clear, the facebook app works while all the browsers (chrome, firefox, edge) and outlook all hang. It's just something about this network (but it's not Verizon FiOS because EVERYTHING else - a half dozen machines plus all work just fine).

I do appreciate cautions. They are wise.

And I cannot figure out what update caused this - if it did - because Win10 loads stuff all the time and I cannot control it anymore.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
My Location Now