Every week or two I have to do a factory reset on my Nokia 520. Is there a fix I can do so I don't have to do a Factory Resets anymore?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Every week or two I have to do a factory reset on my Nokia 520.

The phone will stop connecting to the internet whether it be wifi or not. The time and date will become wrong as well. It will also stop reading anything that is on the sd card or will tell me the card needs to be scanned. I have tried restarting it. The only thing that fixes the problem is doing a factory reset. I have had this problem from almost the beginning of when I got it. Any one else have this problem? Anyway to fix this so I don't have to do a factory reset?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Every week or two I have to do a factory reset on my Nokia 520.

Welcome to Windows Central.

What OS version is your Lumia 520 running?

You may create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread.

kim Menefee

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the response, Its running 8.10.12400.0, i believe i updated it not that long ago and it still did the same thing to me.

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site

have you checked to make sure all your apps are not malicious, and checked all the files on your SD card as well?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the response, Its running 8.10.12400.0, i believe i updated it not that long ago and it still did the same thing to me.

Thanks for the update, but we'll need to eliminate in order to zero into the issue you're having.

Have you tried connecting your SD Card directly to your PC to check if there actually is something wrong with your SD Card?

You may also want to check for updates again, since the OS version your running is old. The current one (for most locations) is 8.10.14219.341 for the Lumia 520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi