Why isn't the ram upgrading working on Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Ram Upgrade not Working on Windows 10

hello.
I had added 4GB ram to my acer 5742 laptop and now it has 6gb of ram. When I added ram windows 8.1 was installed. After than when ever I boot my laptop it just keeps restarting until I boot from HDD. When I was installing windows 10 from .iso file making usb bootable it just keep restarting every time I boot from usb and when switched off the new ram it start booting from usb and installed windows 10 now when I put back its new ram of 4gb it don't boot even from the harddrive please help me out with this what should I do to keep my 4gb ram working on and use windows 10 with that it'll be really appreciated. Thanks

j1sh

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Download memtest86 and try to boot from it and run the test overnight. If you get any red bars on the screen you've got a bad stick of RAM.

Otherwise, make sure the speed and size of the RAM stick is compatible with that particular laptop. You've pretty much narrowed down that RAM stick as the culprit based on what you've posted, there is a very slim chance that anything else is at fault.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani