Do i have a malware on my phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey, two weeks ago i bought Lumia 640XL. Had an android phone before. Inserted SD card from android phone to my new Lumia. And then suddenly internet explorer opens the same page "play.trafftracker.com" by it self when I'm trying to go to web pages. It happens not always, but frequently. How to solve this problem, it very annoying. This problem was also on my android phone. Changing browser doesn't help.. Help?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Malware and similarly malicious "software" are not known to infiltrate and infect Windows Phones. It's possible that your phone has downloaded a cookie from the websites you're visiting, if you're visiting the same sites in your Lumia 640XL as the ones you visited using your previous phone.

I'd recommend plugging your SD Card to your computer (use an adaptor if necessary) and scan it (just for the sake of scanning and cleaning the card, not that your Windows Phone can be infected if there indeed were any malware). You can also clear your Internet History (Internet Explorer settings) and clear your browsing storage (Internet Explorer Advanced Settings). Lastly, clear your temporary files in Storage Sense..

You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap